Evernew 400ml Cup + Sidewinder Ti-Tri Bundle
- This Bundle contains the EBY265 pot and a small Sidewinder system for esbit and wood. Included is the Ti-Tri titanium cone custom sized to fit in inside this mug, the titanium GramCracker solid fuel kit, Tyvek sleeve to protect your mug, two titanium stakes for wood burning and alcohol mode, aluminum sheet for DIY lid options, and a "beer band" to use to suspend your mug.
Sidewinder + Mug Bundle- $89.95 (See other bundled discounts below)
- In the interest of facilitating Leave No Trace wood burning practices, Trail Designs offers titanium floor plates to go under your Ti-Tri systems.
Titanium Floor - $15
Order with your Sidewinder for only $10!
- NOTE!....This kit comes standard with the DIY lid shown. Evernew however has developed a titanium plate/lid that is available separately and fits over the pot as shown. It is a departure from the traditional lid design in that it does not have a handle and does not "snap" into place. However, it is designed to double as a small plate as well as a way to cover the top of your pot/mug during cooking. It is available here!
ADDITIONAL NOTE! This bundle is really for the serious fringe ultralighter. There are plenty of you out there who have been asking about it, so we pulled this together for you. If you are a more traditional Ultralight backpacker, this may not be the system for you!
Made in the USA!
This product was developed with Jason Quick from the BPL site..... you can see the original design efforts here:
- Evernew 400ml Ultralight Mug (EBY265)
- Titanium Ti-Tri Sidewinder Cone sized to fit INSIDE your mug perfectly
- Titanium Gram Cracker solid fuel/esbit stove kit
- 2 titanium stakes for wood/esbit burning mode
- Beer band for mug support on cone
- Aluminum sheet for DIY lid options
- Optional Evernew Multi-Dish cover/lid
- Optional titanium floor to protect the ground in wood burning mode
November 2015 - Backpacker
The Season's Best Gear - Winter Guide: Camp Kitchen
"Most people don't think you can use alcohol stoves in the winter, but with the Trail Designs Sidewinder Ti-Tri Stove System, Justin "Trauma" Lichter and his partner Shawn "Pepper" Forry were able to sustain their 131-day [winter PCT traverse] trek on denatured alcohol, even in temps well below 0° F"
September/October 2015 - Bike & Travel (German)
Outdoor Cooker - The Right Burner for the Next Tour - Hendrik Morkel
"The Trail Designs Sidewinder Ti-Tri has accompanied me safelyon most of my tours..."
"Ultralight, windproof and compact, this stove runs on meths, solid fuel or wood. I used it on both the Pacific Northwest Trail and the Scottish Watershed"
Spotlight: Page 18
2013 - Petersen's Hunting
Annual Gear Guide
Editor's Choice - Sidewinder Ti-Tri
"It's nearly weightless, shields the flame from wind, increases efficiency, and stores inside the short/fat pot of your choice.....it may be the coolest, lightest and most unique outfit out there."
Review - Page 58
Caldera Keg and Ti-Tri Sidewinder Review
Issue 1 - Mar/Apr 2012
Review of the Trail Designs Ti-Tri Sidewinder
"...a well crafted reliable product that has few, if any competitors....you'll be hard pressed to find a better alcohol stove system, and we feel you'll be satisfied if you choose the (Ti-Tri) Sidewinder system for your cooking needs."
Review - page 45
Cooking Systems for Lightweight Backpacking - Chris Townsend
TGO - Best Buy
TGO - Recommended
"Caldera Cone stove systems have been my favourites for several years now. This model (Sidewinder) is the one I used on the Pacific Northwest Trail Last summer......"
Intro - Page 98
Review - Page 101
Camping Stoves - Gear Review
"....Caldera’s cone captures and maximizes heat from three potential sources: wood, alcohol, and esbit (a solid fuel tablet)......this versatile system (Sidewinder) requires much less fuel than petroleum-based systems so it’s more weight-efficient for backpacking.."
Online review here
75 Days of Testing - Chris Townsend's Pacific Northwest Trail Gear Report
"The (Sidewinder) Inferno stove was one of the great successes of the walk as I really enjoyed using it."
Original article - Page 85
"Just wanted to send you a little praise. Tried out my new sidewinder
this weekend and its freaking awesome! That inferno insert is genius!
The whole thing is a work of art. I've never felt compelled to just
email such love for a product but I gotta say, this is just great! Keep
up the good work."
Drew Fortson in an 11/9/11 email to Trail Designs
"I recently got a CC Sidewinder stove W/ the Inferno woodburning option
& a 3 cup pot. This sucker REALLY cooks fast with the ESBIT Gram
Cracker tab holder or
the Inferno wood burning kit. All I need is two hands full of twigs and
some tinder to cook for 20 minutes."
300winmag's WhiteBlaze post - 4/22/11
"The Inferno Sidewinder cooking system is ingenious in its simplicity and
delivers outstanding results in an incredibly short period of time. My
previous cooking systems (MSR pocket rocket & whisperlite) will
never again leave my equipment cache; however, my Inferno system will go
everywhere with me...."
John Silva - After a winter SAR trip to 7000' in the Sierras 3/16/11
"The TD guys have packed a lot of functionality into a compact package. (The Sidewinder) completely rocks in the inferno wood burning configuration!"
JD (Mustardman's) evaluation of the Sidewinder on BPL
"I have been using this cook system for the last few months, and it is by far the best offering that the folks at Trail Designs has yet come up with. Trail Designs has been hard at work, and the effort shows through in this product..... Frankly, I would give this a 10 out of 5 if it were in my power. I can only really try to compare it to the BushBuddy Ultra (the only other wood-burning stove I've tried), and well, there's no comparison....."
Lynn Tramper's evaluation of the Sidewinder on BPL