The Fusion Ti-Tri improves on the retired ULC Trail Designs 3 fuel (alchol, esbit, wood) backpacking stove by providing a split cone approach to protect more of your stove and pot but still pack into your pot. (To step up to complete split cone pot protection, check out the Fissure.)
The Fusion Ti-Tri system includes the two-piece stacking titanium cone custom sized to fit inside your pot, the titanium GramCracker solid fuel kit, the lightweight aluminum 12-10 stove with integrated primer pan, fuel bottle kit with measuring cup, and two titanium stakes for wood burning mode. (pot not included)Fusion Ti-Tri System - $99.95 (See bundled discounts below)
The Inferno accessory turns your Fusion into a wood burning gassifier/afterburner. It includes the inverted titanium Inferno Insert and lower grate system.Ti-Tri Inferno Add-On - $45Order with your Ti-Tri for only $40!
In the interest of facilitating Leave No Trace wood burning practices, Trail Designs offers one of two different styles of titanium floor plates to go under your Ti-Tri systems. The "split floor" is designed to go with the standalone Ti-Tri, or the single piece floor is optimized to be used with the Inferno. If you order the floor, we will ship the one designed for your system unless you request otherwise.
Titanium Floor - $15
Order with your Ti-Tri for only $10!
- The 12-10 alcohol stove we believe is the optimal stove for this cone setup and is included in this bundle. However we do have the Kojin stove which was designed with a lid and to pack in the smaller sidewinder pots while avoiding the stake requirement to prop the pot up higher. If you would prefer this stove, that pulldown option is available. But we recommend at least getting both. If you like that idea, we will provide it for you at 20% off! (also in the pulldown)
Both stoves at 20% off - only $9.95
- Add a Simmer Ring to further expand your cooking options!
- Save 20% off ANY compatible pot when you buy this system! (pot not included)
- NOTE! With all our cone products, heat vents out around the handle cutout. This has been known to disfigure the start of the coating on insulated handles. If this is a concern, please do not buy a pot with handle insulation near the pot body.
Made in the USA!
The Fusion Ti-Tri improves on the retired ULC Trail Designs cooking system by providing two stacking titanium cones to better protect the stove and pot. The majority of the pot is protected from wind, and by splitting the cone into two stacking halves, we get the most packable solution on the market. Everything fits inside you pot! (To step up to complete split cone pot protection, check out the Fissure.)
The complete Fusion system comes with the the alcohol and esbit stoves featured in the standard the Ti-Tri Cone, while allowing you to burn wood! No other system gives you this kind of fuel versatility at these weights. The Fusion system includes the stacking split titanium cone custom sized to fit into your pot, the titanium GramCracker solid fuel kit, the lightweight aluminum 12-10 stove with integrated primer pan, fuel bottle kit with measuring cup, and two titanium stakes for wood burning mode. (pot not included)
The Fusion Ti-Tri is designed to be an alcohol and esbit cooking system that will support wood fires. If you would like to kick your wood fire capabilities up to the next level, you should consider adding the Inferno insert . The Inferno Insert and grate system, when used in conjunction with the Fusion facilitates better air flow and a much cleaner, more complete incineration for your wood fire. In addition to the lower grate system providing air flow under your fire, it also directs additional fresh air above your fire providing an "afterburner" effect giving you more complete combustion.
In the interest of facilitating Leave No Trace practices, Trail Designs also offers two styles of titanium floor plates to go under your Ti-Tri systems in wood burning mode to help prevent scorching of the ground.
(note....because of the split cone design, the Fusion option only works for pots that are tall/skinny)
- 2 piece Titanium Fusion Cone sized to fit your pot perfectly
- Titanium Gram Cracker solid fuel/esbit stove kit
- 2 titanium stakes for wood burning mode
- Aluminum 12-10 alcohol stove with integrated primer pan made from upcycled material
- Fuel bottle kit with measuring cup included
- Tyvek packing sleeve
- Optional Inferno upgrade to turn your Ti-Tri into an afterburning blowtorch
- Optional titanium floor to protect the ground in wood burning mode
- --- pot not included ---
Dimensions and weight vary depending on what size pot is being used.
Each system is hand crafted to fit your specific pot perfectly.
- Fusion Cone set - 50 g to 60 g
- Inferno Cone - 12 g to 25 g
- Grates - 10 g to 20 g
- Floors - 9 g to 16 g
- Stove - 16 g
- Gram Cracker - 3 g
- Stakes - 9 g/ea
Ultralight and Comfortable- by Kenneth Shaw
If you love alcohol or wood stoves you will love the Trail designs Ti-tri fusion...... there is no reason to look anywhere else for three season usage.
Watch me do the impossible and compare this stove to my wife: Before I met my wife I didn’t mind trying out new models and changing out one woman for another. Once I met my wife my interest for everyone else disappeared completely, from the very first day (which is why I am now married). This stove had the exact same effect on me – Once I bought this stove, my interest in all other stoves disappeared completely.
When I finally made the switch from a gas cannister stove, the caldera was the obvious choice. I only wanted to boil water and popular opinion was that there wasn't a better meths stove available in terms of quick boil time, stability and efficiency. I got the stove and cone and was instanly convinced.
Backpack Gear Test Review by Ray Estrella
The durability of the system has been great.....and think as hard as I can, I still do not have anything to complain about the Caldera (Fusion). It is hands-down my favorite cooking system.
If you have one of the following pots, please read the related notes.
Alpkit MyTiMug Alert
Before purchasing the Caldera Cone system for the Alpkit MyTiMug, please study the two pictures below to ensure it will fit. Alpkit originally produced a versions of the MyTiMug that was dimensionally similar to the SnowPeak 700 and Vargo TiLite. In late 2008, Alpkit changed vendors and pot size but kept the MyTiMug name. The later version is dimensionally similar to the Ti-Goat, Brasslite, and Backcountry.com 700ml titanium mug and will require a different size cone.
The way you can tell which pot you have is:
- The lid handle on the OLD version is wood
- The side handles on the OLD version do not have the extra bend
- The "ALPKIT.COM" laser etching on the NEW version is vertical and near the handles
Compatible Pots List
- AlpKit MyTiMug *pre-2008*
- AlpKit MyTiMug *post-2008/pre-2014*
- Backcountry.com 700ml
- Backcountry.com 1100ml
- BPL FireLite 1100 ml
- BrassLite 700 ml Ti Mug
- Esbit PT750-TI
- Evernew 750 ml Pasta Pot (ECA521)
- Mountain Laurel Designs 850 ml Ti Pot
- Snow Peak 700
- Stoic Ti Kettle 700
- Ti-Goat 700 ml Ti Mug
- Ti-Goat 900 ml Ti Pot
- Ti-Goat 1100 ml Ti Pot
- Tibetan 700 ml Ti Pot
- Tibetan 900 ml Ti Pot
- Tibetan 1100 ml Ti Pot