Evernew 900ml Short UL Pot + Sidewinder Ti-Tri Bundle
- This Bundle contains the ECA252 pot and the full Sidewinder system including the Ti-Tri titanium cone custom sized to fit in this pot, the titanium GramCracker solid fuel kit, the lightweight aluminum Kojin stove with lid that fits in your pot, fuel bottle kit with measuring cup, Tyvek sleeve to protect your pot, and two titanium stakes for wood burning mode.
Sidewinder + Pot Bundle- $128 (See other bundled discounts below)
- The Inferno accessory turns your Sidewinder into a wood burning gassifier/afterburner. It includes the inverted titanium Inferno Insert and lower grate system.
Sidewinder Inferno Add-On - $45
Order with your Sidewinder for only $40!
- In the interest of facilitating Leave No Trace wood burning practices, Trail Designs offers one of two different styles of titanium floor plates to go under your Ti-Tri systems. The "split floor" is designed to go with the standalone Ti-Tri, or the single piece floor is optimized to be used with the Inferno. If you order the floor, we will ship the one designed for your system unless you request otherwise.
Titanium Floor - $15
Order with your Sidewinder for only $10!
- NOTE! With all our cone products, heat vents out around the handle cutout. This has been known to disfigure the start of the coating on insulated handles. If this is a concern, please do not buy this bundle.
Made in the USA!
Finally! Full size Caldera Ti-Tri performance that packs in this pot! The Sidewinder comes with the the alcohol and esbit stoves featured in the standard the Caldera Cone, but also allows you to burn wood! No other system gives you this kind of fuel versatility at these weights. In addition, the Sidewinder will store in your pot! If you value packability, but DON'T want to sacrifice the efficiency the standard Caldera/Ti-Tri provides by isolating your pot from the enviornment, this is the rig for you. This Sidewinder comes with the Evernew 900ml Ultralight pot (ECA252)
The Sidewinder system includes everything pictured including the ECA252 pot, Ti-Tri titanium cone custom sized to fit the pot, the titanium GramCracker solid fuel kit, the lightweight aluminum Kojin alcohol stove with lid that fits in your pot, fuel bottle kit with measuring cup, Tyvek sleeve to protect your pot, cup to protect your stove, and two titanium stakes for wood burning mode.
The Caldera Ti-Tri Sidewinder is designed to be an alcohol and esbit cooking system that will support wood fires. If you would like to kick your wood fire capabilities up to the next level, you might want to consider adding the Inferno insert pictured above. The Inferno Insert and grate system, when used in conjunction with the Sidewinder facilitates better air flow and a much cleaner, more complete incineration for your wood fire. In addition to the lower grate system providing air flow under your fire, it also directs additional fresh air above your fire providing an "afterburner" effect giving you more complete combustion.... and like the Ti-Tri Sidewinder....everything fits in the pot!
In the interest of facilitating Leave No Trace practices, Trail Designs also offers two styles of titanium floor plates to go under your Ti-Tri systems in wood burning mode to help prevent scorching of the ground.
- Evernew 900ml Ultralight Pot (ECA252)
- Titanium Ti-Tri Cone sized to fit INSIDE your pot perfectly
- Titanium Gram Cracker solid fuel/esbit stove kit
- 2 titanium stakes for wood burning mode
- Aluminum Kojin alcohol stove with lid that fits in your pot
- Fuel bottle kit with measuring cup
- Tyvek sleeves to hold your system and protect your pot
- Cup to protect 12-10 stove
- Optional Inferno upgrade to turn your Ti-Tri into an afterburning blowtorch
- Optional titanium floor to protect the ground in wood burning mode
Sidewinder Cone - 35gm
Inferno Cone - 16gm
Grates - 15gm
Floors - 10gm to 15gm
November 2015 - Backpacker
The Season's Best Gear - Winter Guide: Camp Kitchen
"Most people don't think you can use alcohol stoves in the winter, but with the Trail Designs Sidewinder Ti-Tri Stove System, Justin "Trauma" Lichter and his partner Shawn "Pepper" Forry were able to sustain their 131-day [winter PCT traverse] trek on denatured alcohol, even in temps well below 0° F"
September/October 2015 - Bike & Travel (German)
Outdoor Cooker - The Right Burner for the Next Tour - Hendrik Morkel
"The Trail Designs Sidewinder Ti-Tri has accompanied me safelyon most of my tours..."
"Ultralight, windproof and compact, this stove runs on meths, solid fuel or wood. I used it on both the Pacific Northwest Trail and the Scottish Watershed"
Spotlight: Page 18
2013 - Petersen's Hunting
Annual Gear Guide
Editor's Choice - Sidewinder Ti-Tri
"It's nearly weightless, shields the flame from wind, increases efficiency, and stores inside the short/fat pot of your choice.....it may be the coolest, lightest and most unique outfit out there."
Review - Page 58
Caldera Keg and Ti-Tri Sidewinder Review
Issue 1 - Mar/Apr 2012
Review of the Trail Designs Ti-Tri Sidewinder
"...a well crafted reliable product that has few, if any competitors....you'll be hard pressed to find a better alcohol stove system, and we feel you'll be satisfied if you choose the (Ti-Tri) Sidewinder system for your cooking needs."
Review - page 45
Cooking Systems for Lightweight Backpacking - Chris Townsend
TGO - Best Buy
TGO - Recommended
"Caldera Cone stove systems have been my favourites for several years now. This model (Sidewinder) is the one I used on the Pacific Northwest Trail Last summer......"
Intro - Page 98
Review - Page 101
Camping Stoves - Gear Review
"....Caldera’s cone captures and maximizes heat from three potential sources: wood, alcohol, and esbit (a solid fuel tablet)......this versatile system (Sidewinder) requires much less fuel than petroleum-based systems so it’s more weight-efficient for backpacking.."
Online review here
75 Days of Testing - Chris Townsend's Pacific Northwest Trail Gear Report
"The (Sidewinder) Inferno stove was one of the great successes of the walk as I really enjoyed using it."
Original article - Page 85
"Just wanted to send you a little praise. Tried out my new sidewinder
this weekend and its freaking awesome! That inferno insert is genius!
The whole thing is a work of art. I've never felt compelled to just
email such love for a product but I gotta say, this is just great! Keep
up the good work."
Drew Fortson in an 11/9/11 email to Trail Designs
"I recently got a CC Sidewinder stove W/ the Inferno woodburning option
& a 3 cup pot. This sucker REALLY cooks fast with the ESBIT Gram
Cracker tab holder or
the Inferno wood burning kit. All I need is two hands full of twigs and
some tinder to cook for 20 minutes."
300winmag's WhiteBlaze post - 4/22/11
"The Inferno Sidewinder cooking system is ingenious in its simplicity and
delivers outstanding results in an incredibly short period of time. My
previous cooking systems (MSR pocket rocket & whisperlite) will
never again leave my equipment cache; however, my Inferno system will go
everywhere with me...."
John Silva - After a winter SAR trip to 7000' in the Sierras 3/16/11
"The TD guys have packed a lot of functionality into a compact package. (The Sidewinder) completely rocks in the inferno wood burning configuration!"
JD (Mustardman's) evaluation of the Sidewinder on BPL
"I have been using this cook system for the last few months, and it is by far the best offering that the folks at Trail Designs has yet come up with. Trail Designs has been hard at work, and the effort shows through in this product..... Frankly, I would give this a 10 out of 5 if it were in my power. I can only really try to compare it to the BushBuddy Ultra (the only other wood-burning stove I've tried), and well, there's no comparison....."
Lynn Tramper's evaluation of the Sidewinder on BPL